But for the first time in my 50 years, someone else paid for my restaurant meal as a romantic gesture ... and it was rather sweet. Dating actually requires far more courage than meeting up with a nameless 22-year-old for a five-minute, backseat blowjob. I'm a bit tense and jittery right now, actually.
This meme comes from John who writes Rejected Reality, a "must-read" for me.
1. Has anyone ever told you look like a celebrity?
Yes, a couple of times.
I was walking in a big city one summer, tanned, with aviator sunglasses and my hair extra blonde because of sun streaks. A grizzled old man (a street person half lying on the sidewalk) yelled out, "Hey, you look like Brad Pitt!!" I laughed and said "Thank you!" At my age, I'll take a any complement, regardless of the source.
I already blogged about this second incident at Remington's, chatting up a hunky stripper boy (22) between acts. He was grinding his bulge into me and trying to hustle a lap dance while I reached behind to cup his buttocks. He said, "You look like Bruce Willis!" I look nothing like BW but when I asked him to clarify, he said, "It's just that look in your eyes. Mischief. You're just bad!"
2. Is there an actor or actress whose movies you make a point to see?
Yes, Meryl Streep is fantastic and I've seen most of her movies, from Out of Africa and Silkwood to The Iron Lady.
3. What is your refreshment stand order at the movies? Nothing! I don't think movie popcorn is particularly healthy for you, all trans-fats, chemicals and salt, and it's outrageously priced. Occasionally, I'll bring a water bottle and a bag of black liquorice.
4. When was the last time you consumed an alcoholic beverage? I have no alcohol in the house; it's too expensive for my budget right now and it has too many calories for my weight-loss goals. But two weeks ago at my parents' house for dinner, I snuck a generous shot of brandy. I couldn't resist!
5. Are you jumpy? Do you startle easily? Nope, I have nerves of steel, I like to think, anyway.
6. Do you wear a watch?
No. We teachers are slaves to the bell and there is a clock in every room ... there is no need! During non-school hours, my cell phone does a dandy job as a watch stand -in.
7. When was the last time you tried a new restaurant? There are no new restaurants in my town and because of my budget, I RARELY eat in one. I love cooking and can usually cook something better at home. But when I'm in Toronto, I always eat in some family-owned, inexpensive, authentic restaurant specializing in Thai, Chinese or East Indian food. Bonus!
8. What colour is your wallet? I don't have one; I keep all my cards and change in my car glove box (a bad practice, I know). I only carry in the cash or cards which I actually need.
9. How much change is in your wallet? I never carry a wallet, but I always carry a few quarters and loonies in my pocket.
|A random pic, perfect on a chilly morning. I love the ... err... enhancing effect provided by gravity.|