1. Memorial Day is a day of remembrance but it also signifies the "Official" start of summer. What are your plans this weekend? Last weekend was our Victoria Day weekend. I worked around the house, spent four hours of sexytime with my Sweet Brazilian Boy, and cooked a special supper with my kids and parents on one day and some teacher friends on another.
2. What is your most and least favorite thing about summer? I LOVE summer and deeply appreciate the warmer temperatures after our long, harsh winters. My only problem with our summers is that they are too short: sometimes, we only get one month of really nice weather.
3. What do you think of when I say "Bar-B-Que?" I love everything cooked on a barbeque, but especially a butterflied whole chicken cooked with interesting seasonings / herbs / sauces. I also love grilled vegetables: carrots, onions, garlic, peppers and sweet potatoes, especially.
4. What is your favourite summer food? I love all the barbequed foods mentioned above, along with ice cream and fresh summer berries.
5. Are you in swim suit shape yet? BY whose standards? I will be 52 in July so I will NEVER be in swim suit shape according to the Gay Handbook.
However, I am maintaining the status quo regarding my ever-expanding waistline so I look okay in a swimsuit .... for a middle-aged man.
I will be Toronto for a few days this summer and LOVE being naked at Hanlan's Point clothing-optional beach. That does take a bit of self-confident to get naked in front of all those (mainly) hot gay men.
6. Given the choice, which do you prefer: ocean, lake or pool? I grew up swimming in spectacular fresh water lakes and still prefer them for swimming. But if I lived by the ocean, I'm sure I would grow to love it, too, but the saltiness will take getting used to. I dislike chlorinated pools but swim in them often.
7. Which summer blockbuster movie are you most looking forward to seeing? None. I have no interest in any of the movies coming out, unless some guy invites me to the movies on a gay date.
8. Summer reading: What? Recommendations? I haven't had the time or the focus to read a book in years, truth be told. But now that my drama is winding down, I should make an effort to read a book this summer: I like the British "cozy" murder-mysteries, forensic science novels or even romances, preferably gay ones.
9. Vacation Plans? If you can't, what would you do if you could? I am extremely lucky to have the entire summmer off, nearly 70 days. Woo-hoo! Before becoming a teacher, I worked in the private sector for eight years where I got a two week vacation, so I deeply appreciate my teacher's holiday.
I'd love to travel to Europe or Asia one day but I don't have any money right now. I expect that this will be the last summer with all three of my kids at home so I plan to stay home, get work done around the house, relax, savour the time with my kids and enjoy the hot gay men in my town.
10. Did you ever have to go to summer school? I've gone to summer school in Toronto to upgrade my teachers' qualifications, twice. I LOVED the big-city summer experience but this was many years before I figured out I was gay. I'd have much more fun now!
|BONUS Sex on the beach? Never, but I'd LOVE to! It's on my gay bucket list.|