Saturday, May 24, 2014

Too Much Information: Memorial Day Weekend

I always enjoy these Too Much Information questions by Sean.  His answers are here.

1. Memorial Day is a day of remembrance but it also signifies the "Official" start of summer. What are your plans this weekend?  Last weekend was our Victoria Day weekend.  I worked around the house, spent four hours of sexytime with my Sweet Brazilian Boy, and cooked a special supper with my kids and parents on one day and some teacher friends on another.

  2. What is your most and least favorite thing about summer?  I LOVE summer and deeply appreciate the warmer temperatures after our long, harsh winters.  My only problem with our summers is that they are too short:  sometimes, we only get one month of really nice weather.

3. What do you think of when I say "Bar-B-Que?" I love everything cooked on a barbeque, but especially a butterflied whole chicken cooked with interesting seasonings / herbs / sauces.  I also love grilled vegetables:  carrots, onions, garlic, peppers and sweet potatoes, especially.

4. What is your favourite summer food?  I love all the barbequed foods mentioned above, along with ice cream and fresh summer berries. 

5. Are you in swim suit shape yet?  BY whose standards?  I will be 52 in July so I will NEVER be in swim suit shape according to the Gay Handbook.

However, I am maintaining the status quo regarding my ever-expanding waistline so I look okay in a swimsuit .... for a middle-aged man.

I will be Toronto for a few days this summer and LOVE being naked at Hanlan's Point clothing-optional beach.   That does take a bit of self-confident to get naked in front of all those (mainly) hot gay men.

6. Given the choice, which do you prefer: ocean, lake or pool? I grew up swimming in spectacular fresh water lakes and still prefer them for swimming. But if I lived by the ocean, I'm sure I would grow to love it, too, but the saltiness will take getting used to.  I dislike chlorinated pools but swim in them often.

7. Which summer blockbuster movie are you most looking forward to seeing? None.  I have no interest in any of the movies coming out, unless some guy invites me to the movies on a gay date.

8. Summer reading: What? Recommendations?  I haven't had the time or the focus to read a book in years, truth be told.  But now that my drama is winding down, I should make an effort to read a book this summer:  I like the British "cozy" murder-mysteries, forensic science novels or even romances, preferably gay ones.

9. Vacation Plans? If you can't, what would you do if you could? I am extremely lucky to have the entire summmer off, nearly 70 days.  Woo-hoo! Before becoming a teacher, I worked in the private sector for eight years where I got a two week vacation, so I deeply appreciate my teacher's holiday.

I'd love to travel to Europe or Asia one day but I don't have any money right now. I expect that this will be the last summer with all three of my kids at home so I plan to stay home, get work done around the house, relax, savour the time with my kids and enjoy the hot gay men in my town.  

10. Did you ever have to go to summer school?  I've gone to summer school in Toronto to upgrade my teachers' qualifications, twice.  I LOVED the big-city summer experience but this was many years before I figured out I was gay.  I'd have much more fun now!  

BONUS   Sex on the beach?  Never, but I'd LOVE to!  It's on my gay bucket list.

\

10 comments:

  1. Coolness! Wish I had 70 days off this summer!
    Lotsa lovin' gonna happen, I'll bet!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to have fun with lots of hot local guys this summer!

      Delete
  2. Today's men are all stunners, but the beautiful uncut cock on the man in the lower left made catch my breath. I'm with you all the way on the movies that are the norm now. They all seem so fake -- computer generated effects, crappy dialog, tiresome gratuitous explosions, constant gun fire, mechanical acting. You'd think that someone in Hollywood and and elsewhere could find some really meaningful drama and dialog for the legion of extremely pretty men and women who are in the acting pool these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will, I knew you'd like that beautiful uncut cock! I felt the same way!

      Delete
    2. I agree with you about today's movies .... but i'd see any movie with Chris Pine in it. His piercing blue eyes cause a stirring in my nether regions. lol

      Delete
  3. As your Summer begins, our Winter begins, but we have had a glorious month of May with above average temperatures, so the guys are still getting around in Summer gear - that's hot! Have a great long weekend! Hugs, Patrick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweetie! I wish I could hug you in person. :-)

      Delete
  4. BB, I too will turn 52 in July. Hmmm. Have we had this conversation before? I feel the Alzheimer's kicking in. My B-day is Mid July. Wouldn't it be a coincidence if it were the same day?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures as always. Having had sex on the beach once 40 years ago, I can say I will never do it again. Sand gets in the damnedest places! And you don't realize it until later. Ouch! Of course that was with a woman and it might have just been that sand sticks to their places more. LOL As for the body thing, yours is fine for any age. And we older guys can indeed look good in bathing suits. Remember the one of me before my back surgery? I think I looked pretty good. Better than when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trying to find the Best Dating Site? Create an account to find your perfect match.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you're thinking!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...