Friday, June 19, 2015
Pride Overload .... so far
1. The photo at right is to support Kelly Stern's annual Pride Challenge and is of his dear little doggie Pino who passed away this year. So sad.
I had the great pleasure of meeting Kelly at our Washington DC Blogger Meet-up two years ago. He's even more charming and handsome in person, with a southern accident which would make any gay guy cum in his pants.
2. It's been very chilly here with overnight lows in the 40 F (7 C) range.... not very summer-like at all. I'm still wearing fleece bed socks and a wooly hat to bed! But I'm sure that I wouldn't be able to survive the scorching Arizona temperatures which Dr. Spo recently posted about.
3. Middle daughter is home from university and has mainly living with me; it's been fabulous having her here as we're the most alike of any of our family. I've missed her terribly! But having her here is putting a temporary dent in my hooking-up life which has dwindled to nothing in recent weeks.
I've turned down the occasional offer from some horny young dude but my daughter and I have mainly spent our evenings hanging out and I don't want to miss any opportunity to spend time with her.
4. Eldest daughter has now graduated from chef's school and has secured coveted full-time apprenticeship in an upscale bakery / eatery in town. Best of all, she has a regular day shift, much easier for her than the late, late nights at her previous restaurant job.
Now that she's not doing the double whammy of full-time school and full-time work, I hope (and expect) to see more of her.
5. As a member of the organizing committee I've been heavily involved with our local Pride festivities this week. I've attended and / or volunteered at most of our fabulous Pride events..... one every day this week! Exhausting and exhilarating! Every event has exceeded the previous year's attendance and we've seen everyone of importance in attendance: our federal, provincial and city politicians, school board officials and various church leaders as well.
6. I was the new organizer of one of our major Pride events this year (which I won't name). I switched to a beautiful new venue and hugely improved the programme.
As a result, this year's attendance jumped to about 150 including some of my own children; a huge improvement on last year's flop which attracted only 30 people. I was so thrilled that everything worked out so well!
7. In one week, I will be at Toronto Pride for a five day trip. I'm looking forward to it enormously! Attending Toronto World Pride by myself last year (which I posted about here) was tremendous fun, life-changing, even. I was a Lone Wolf!
My Toronto Pride experience will be very different this year and I hope, even better. You see, I will be attending with a Special Friend who I haven't posted about (and won't), other than to say that he's age-appropriate for me (46), single, handsome, and is most definitely boyfriend or LTR material.
at 1:53 PM