In recent years, nearly four thousand gay blogger blogs have been shut down and the pace has accelerated in the past few weeks. Read about it here: Google Blogger closes down gay blogs.
So .... I will continue to post at this Blogger address but have backed up my entire blog onto WordPress. My blog has become far too important to me as a record of my incredible gay journey for the past 2 - 1/2 years. I cannot lose it!
One day, if you try to access my site and receive a "This blog has been shut down due to violation of terms of service" notification, you will find me here:
If you care about not losing your blog, I suggest you back it up to WordPress now. It was very easy! I followed this tutorial:
- Go to WordPress.com and sign up for a new blog.
- In the WordPress.com dashboard, click on TOOLS and then IMPORT
- Select the location of the blog which is to be imported; in my case, I clicked on "Blogger"
- You will be prompted to sign into your Blogger account, select the blog and to click "Authorize"
- Click the IMPORT button and minutes later, my 451 posts and 4451 comments were saved. Woo-hoo!!
- There are further tutorials to import your template and blogroll but those will have to wait.