1. When did you first know you were an adult?
At 19, I was gravely ill with a "massive involvement" of a malignant melanoma which had metastisized and spread widely. At the time, I was believed to be terminally ill. I realized with stark clarity that I had to cope with the fear, pain and dying all on my own. My parents couldn't help me get out of this one.
The second time happened when, at 29, I held my first-born baby immediately after her birth. Responsibility! Becoming a parent really is a life-changing experience.
2. Where were you when you first thought, "I'm old!" At 48, I was in extruciating pain and had temporarily lost most of the use of my arm and legs because of some severely degraded vertebrae in my neck which I posted about here. I felt about as spry as my 98 year-old grandmother!
3. What was your best year? In my late 20s, I owned a spectcular home debt-free, had a great career, a newborn daughter and a beautiful wife. We were having sex nearly every day with the goal of conceiving our second child. I had everything I ever dreamed of.
4. Have you become your parents? Physically, I am like a clone of my father but he doesn't exercise or look after himself so he's very heavy. I'm in far slimmer and in better shape than he ever was. In personality, I am identical to my mother (hardworking, determined and with a positive outlook) and getting more so all the time.
5. Gray hair:
-Is it sexy? Most definitely, on a slim older man. If a gray-haired man is overweight, he just looks like Santa Claus.... not sexy at all!
|My 'grizzled prospector' look.|
-Where is the best or worst placed you have it? I have no concerns about the little bit of gray hair I have now. But I'm not looking forward to getting gray pubes!!!
6. Is older better? Yes and no. "Yes", because I have a million times more self-confidence, courage and spirit than I had when I was in my 20s. This only comes with life experience. But I am concerned about the physical side of aging; my body is wearing out and it's only going to get worse!
Bonus: How is sex different now? It is hugely different now that I'm having sex with men rather than with a woman! I feel true passion and sexual hunger when I'm with a naked man ... it's as natural as breathing.