Soon, my employer will be sending me to the other side of the country for a week-long training session. The training is located in a large southern Ontario city outside of Toronto. I will have several free days apart from the session.
This will be my biggest opportunity yet to push head with my gay journey. I've had countless work trips in the past but this one will be memorable for the following reasons:
- I've finally admitted to myself that I am gay.
- My marriage has broken down; after a five month separation, being unfaithful no longer applies.
- No other work colleagues are attending with me; I'll be a lone wolf! Woooo!
- I will be away from my small town where everyone knows everyone else. Big city anonymity!
- At my age (mid 40ish), I have a strong desire to not waste any more time in my personal life.
- Toronto has one of the larger gay villages in North America.
- I used to live in Toronto so I know it very well but not the gay part.
I have no problem going into some gay venues by myself, such as to a bar. However, I might be content to just hang back and watch but not participate in any of the activities. No matter what I choose to do, every bit of it will be new and exciting! Baby steps!
I'm not sure what to do. Visit a gay bar on Friday / Saturday night? Which one(s)? Look at some male strippers or go-go boys? Make some purchases at a gay sex shop? Just people-watch in the gay village?
Please, feel free to offer me some suggestions for my big city gay adventure, either as a comment or as a private e-mail. (xxxxxxx) Thank you!
If you are from Toronto or have visited there, some suggestions of specific places would be appreciated. If you've never been to Toronto, please make some suggestions based on gay venues you've visited in other big cities.
To my Canadian readers, a happy belated Canada Day! None of these guys is Canadian, but at least they're wearing red, eh? (Both pictures are from http://hardinmyspeedos.tumblr.com/)