Sunday, November 13, 2011

Tarot Card Reading by Dr. Spo


Dr. Spo (the dear!) very kindly offered a Tarot card reading for any of his blogger fans.  Frankly, I thought it was all a bunch of quackery but since Dr. Spo has an interest in it.... well ... that gave Tarot a whole new level of credibility for me.  As he explains, "It is like looking into the mirror, not into the future."


So... here is my first Tarot card reading.  Dr. Spo's comments are in black;  my responses are in blue.
-----------------------------------------------

#1- Queen of Imps   A card about holding onto fiery passions or work related topics.  Yet, it is a positive card in either, so it seems to say while you are passionate/hot headed, you are doing OK.    

Yes, I am doing very much more than "Okay"... despite my divorce drama, my present mood can be described as "euphoric", quite a bit of the time.    I would agree with the "passionate" label as I have deeply held convictions on many things.  I generally keep my cards close to my chest, so my passions are not always as evident to an outside observer.

#2- Judgment - major changes are happening in your literal home.   No kidding.   No kidding x 1000.

#3- 2 Pumpkins - a quandary card.  Are you trying to decide something at work? which way to go?  If not, it points to ‘you are about to have to make some decisions’ particularly about work. Sorry, my work life is the most stable thing in my life right now;  an oasis.   However, I've been thinking in recent weeks that I will have to work a few years longer than that than my 2019 retirement date... which really sucks!




#4- Wheel:   So much is turning over and around in your relationships with others, and current relationship are turning too. Nothing is staying still in this department.  Another no-brainer I suppose, but this is what Tarot is, often a mirror to the soul.    

My relationship with my three children and my parents has evolved, but it's never been better.  Recently, my relationship with my wife is evolving in an extremely positive way.  I think we just might end up being highly supportive friends and co-parents.

#5- King of pumpkins - Another royal card, and in the same suit. You have a ‘pair’ of royal pumpkins. viz despite it all you have good material/concrete assets within you, balanced, on which to utilize.  

I'd agree with that.... I have more inner resolve / strength than anyone I know.  (if this smacks of bragging, please forgive me .....)


#6- Page of Ghosts  - new emotions and feelings. In the negative position, it warns of not running amok with your emotions at this time.

Good advice!  Just last night when I was alone  (the kids were with their mother), I was so concerned about that my financial future that allowed myself slip into despair and negativity.  Not helpful at this time!   For me, these negative emotions only emerge when I'm alone.  I rarely blog about these moments, but I did shed a few tears over my situation and wondered if I had the strength to go on.


#7- King of Imps - another ‘king’ and this again in passion/work.  You are doing OK.    
Thank you!  Damn, I'm good!

In summary: first of all, you have a lot of ‘royalty’ which often means literal people. So be mindful this reading is more about the people in your life more than the psychological components of your psyche. For example; the King of imps may literally mean‘you are going to meet a passionate and good man” and won’t that be something!?     
Well, I am more than ready to meet Mr. Passionate! That would be something indeed!!  Bring him on!

This read seems to say despite all you are going through/about to go through/changes, you have the inner strengths to do so. Darn tootin' I have the inner strength!  You said it, baby!

Dr. Spo, I will keep you posted as to how this Tarot reading stacks up against future events.  Thanks again!

Our of respect for Dr.Spo's PG-rated blog, I was determined to have a post with no half-nekkid guys at all.  In the end, I just couldn't do it.  Bring on the hot guys!   Weight: 190.1 pounds.
http://wet-men.tumblr.com/

http://wet-men.tumblr.com/

9 comments:

  1. Good Morning. I don't know if I believe in Tarot readings or not, but these were spot on. You have shown so much strength in your blogs. Your growth shines through as well. I love how you reveal that you aren't superman however. I wish the best for you as always and I really hope you meet your passionate man SOON. At least as long as you continue to blog. Can't wait to read stories about you and him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. anne marie in phillyNovember 13, 2011 at 1:46 PM

    MEN! (licks lips)

    YOU CAN MAKE IT, buddybear! you have come so far; you have the strength to make it to the end; and we out here are cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2019 retirement date? WTH?
    Spo's a good man, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Skier, It was the greatest treat talking to you on the phone this weekend. What a wonderful conversation! You have such a great laugh. Thank you!

    I have mixed feelings about bloggers who "tell all" about a budding relationship as it develops and (often) fails. If I found someone I thought was Mr. Wonderful, I'd be hesitant about jinxing it by blogging about it. Also, I wouldn't want to keep my blogging life a secret from him if I thought he was "the one." I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

    Thank you, anne marie! I've come a long way so far, that's for sure.

    Cubby: Yes, the vast majority of colleagues at my workplace in the same job retire between 55 and 58. We have one of the richest, most stable pension plans in the country.

    Yes, Dr. Spo is amazing... I'm so looking forward to meeting him 'in the flesh.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was blithe to do you cards; I will be curious to see what they show in your life. I too am looking forward to our meeting date.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh please, those judgments where so vague that they literally could have applied to everyone. People that want to believe just find a situation in their life that they can apply it to.

    What a crock of shit.

    I was glad to read that your relationship with your ex wife is recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ur-spo: I had to look up "blithe", you wordsmith, you. It seems to mean, I was "happy to." Thanks again for the card reading... it was fun.

    Mind of Mind: I laughed out loud at your comment, "What a crock of shit." It brightened my day.

    Wow! Someone is grouchy today!! I had scarcely heard of Tarot before this so I'm certainly not a hard-core fan. I hope no one would make life-changing decisions based on a reading... it is just a bit of silly fun.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. I've added your blog to my blogroll as I keep forgetting to check yours out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for that, I really appreciate it.

    I liked reading your responses though. But the tarot parts....well....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just read Mind of Mine's Tarot cards and they say he needs to chill out and lighten up ......... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you're thinking!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...