I am 53 and an out gay father from BC, Canada. My wife found out I was gay six years ago; much drama ensued but we achieved a reasonably non-adversarial divorce. Woo-hoo! I now try to balance my new sex and social life with family, career and LGBTQ social activism. I am mainly living on my own because my three adult kids are now making their way in the world. I now am an LTR having met my soulmate and am embarking on the most exciting phase of my journey so far!
Friday, August 17, 2012
TMI Thursday: books, books, books
Sean of Just a Jeep Guy had some questions about books for this week's TMI.
1. e-books or real books? I have NO desire to acquire a new electronic gadget. It's paper books all the way, baby!
2. Which book are you currently reading?The Lost Years by Mary Higgins Clark. I've read most of her books. They're a bit formulaic but I love how she crafts the mysteries; suspenseful! I also like the Manhattan settings as it's a place I'll probably never visit.
3. How many books have you read in 2012? How has reading blogs, FB, and/or tweeting affected your book reading? Sadly, I've only read a couple of books this year; I've been very busy with the divorce drama, selling my house, moving house and most importantly, cruising men online and having sex with hot men I find there.
I'm not active on FB and I never will tweet. I read blogs instead of watching TV so I don't think blog-reading interferes with my reading of books.
4. What genre(s) of book do you enjoy reading? Mysteries (especially British ones), "crime scene investigation" type stories, historical accounts of the early days of Canada, biographies / autobiographies of politicians, celebrities and historical figures,
5. Have you read the Kama Sutra or The Joy of Sex? Helpful? I`ve read the gay versions of both of these, although not exhaustively, and plan to read them again. Yes, they were very helpful especially since my knowledge of gay sex was `zero` one year ago.
I remember surreptitiously reading The Joy of Gay Sex in a big-city public library as a 24 year old. Although I had a raging hard-on at the sexy line drawings, it would be twenty years before I would admit / figure out that I was gay.
Bonus What was the first erotic novel you read that matched your sexual orientation? I've NEVER read a gay erotic novel. How sad is that? Dear gentle readers|: can you recommend some gay erotic novels for me to read?