My former wife received a similar notice this week and she phoned a Revenue Canada auditor in Ottawa to investigate further. Despite her erratic behaviour with me, she can be highly professional and impressive in business matters.
She reported back to me (via texting) that she made a "big mistake" on our 2011 returns regarding which parent claimed which of the kids as dependants. She also felt that this can fixed without too many repercussions. Admitting a mistake is a huge step for her, because throughout our marriage, she was always right, all the time, no matter what the situation.
So..... I faxed a consent form to Revenue Canada allowing her to represent me in her discussions because the solution involves both of our returns. I am confident that she will behave with integrity regarding our tax situation. Having said that, I can't wait to do my 2013 taxes as a divorced person with absolutely no involvement from her. None of this hassle!
Too Much Information is a regular feature by Sean of Just a Jeep Guy which I always look forward to each week.
HOW DO YOU LIKE_____?
1. Your coffee? I make coffee by the cup, using a teaspoon or more of espresso coffee (finely powdered, dark roast, Italian) in a mug of boiling water. I add some hot milk or evaporated milk from a can but no sugar. It is very strong so I limit myself to 2 - 4 per day. That`s still plenty, I know, but caffeine is my only vice.
2. Your sandwich cut? In half, square or diagonal? Crust or no crust? Usually cut in half, but I'm not religious about it. I'm not so prissy that I would ever cut the crusts off my sandwiches and anyway, I like eating the crusts.
3. Your tea? I prefer good-quality loose-leaf black tea, usually Darjeeling made in a pre-heated teapot or cup, with milk but no sugar, please. I`ll drink a couple cups per day.
I don't like tea bags as they're made from the tea leaf dust left over during the manufacturing process and have little flavour.
4. Your alcoholic beverages? I`m not much of a drinker. If I`m out with friends, I will usually have one beer, either directly from the bottle or some interesting, dark beer on tap.
I enjoy hard liquor of any sort, especially rum or rye (Canadian) whiskey, but I always regret it about an hour later. I always end up feeling nauseous .... something I believe is a hold-over from my cancer treatments.
I really enjoy a glass of red wine when it`s offered to me but know nothing about it: whether it is "oakey" or "floral" or whatever.
5. Your ice-cream served: cup, cone, soft or hard? When I'm out, it's hard ice cream in a cone. At home, it's in a cup with some great topping on it: chocolate melted in coffee or bananas sauteed in butter and brown sugar, loaded with calories. I try not to keep ice cream in the house any more; my girlish figure just won't allow it.
6. Your hair–long or short? Up or down? Straight or curly? Permed or natural? My hair is straight, thin, receding, cut short and is dishevelled
7. Your cell phone? I've had a Samsung Galaxy III for about six months and I LOVE it.... but I'm not yet addicted.
8. Your computer? A 3 year-old Toshiba laptop, a present from my wife one year after my coming-out and our separation. (!)
9. Your web browser? Internet Explorer.... at home and at work. It does the job.
10. Your car? I have a silver 2006 Corolla .... it's fairly Plain Jane but I really like it and find it extremely reliable. But if I won a lottery, I'd get a more exciting vehicle... such as a Jeep in fire-engine red.
Your sex? Position? How often? Mild or wild? One or more?
Why do I feel so awkward answering this after discussing my sexual escapades for nearly three years online? My sex life has had several distinct phases:
I lost my straight virginity at 28 with my wife, but before we were married. I didn't have any desire to have sex throughout my teens and 20s. But what I didn't realize is this: I just wasn't interested in having sex with a woman.
Such was my ignorance, I would never have imagined that a man could have sex with another man. ... What would two men do together in bed?
I was painfully shy and severely lacking in self-confidence. As well, I was a cancer patient for nearly a year when I was 20 and dealt with the after-effects for many years later so that put me 'out of circulation.'
In our first year of marriage, my wife and I had sex every day (every day!!!) and sometimes more than once on weekends. I was a horny 29-year-old at the time.
This is why I had such a tough time admitting I was gay. It's not possible for a man to enjoy having sex with a woman every day for a year and still be gay. Right?
After our third child was born, our sex life stopped entirely. I was just too busy raising three kids under the age of four; doing all the shopping, cooking, cleaning, doing recreational activities with the kids, as well as starting my teaching career .
Much energy was spent dealing with my wife's erratic behaviour and her never-ending conflicts with friends, neighbours, her work colleagues, her family, my family and of course, me.
After I lost my gay virginity just over two years ago under the sweetest circumstances ever, I've been very busy and have hooked up with many, many guys. So I would say I have sex often. But I need an on-going sexual relationship with a man who I love ..... only then will I understand how really special sex can be.
Position? I want to experience everything.
Mild or wild? I love cuddling in bed, kissing my special man sweetly and giving massages. But I'd also like it wild if my partner was so inclined.
I was with a shy aboriginal dude, 28, about seven weeks ago. It turned into an erotic wrestling match, instigated by him, with each of us trying to dominate and pin the other to the bed. It was really hot, actually, but I easily won. He was also a (gentle) biter, also a first for me and something which I found rather amusing.
More than one? I'd love a threesome but so far, I've only had one that was pretty terrible. When I'm with my future husband one day (a guy around my age), I think it would be really fun to invite some hunky young dude in to our bed, as sort of a hard-cocked play toy.