Friday, June 3, 2011

I should have known I was gay....

I've seen many medical professionals about my injury but by far the best advice I've received was from Dr. Spo:  "Remember please, the body does usually a fine job at healing itself, if we are patient and don't try to 'hurry it along' with too many medical interventions."   I've been following his advice diligently and for the first time, I feel myself making significant progress in my healing.  Thank you, Dr. Spo!

Update:  Check out this excellent interview Dr. Spo did with the online travel magazine, Beat of Hawaii.

I am mainly pain-free despite being off the pain pills for just over a day but I'm still on the anti-inflammatories ....the challenge is to remain immobile most of the time and to resist the temptation of chores around the house. It's been difficult for a restless, hard-working person like me.
The photo at left was a bit of an "Aha! moment" for me.

When I was about 12, I became fascinated with the beautiful teenage boys and young men who were lifeguards at my local pool.

In the early 70s, all the lifeguards at our pool wore Speedos and were usually tanned and shirtless.  Some were lightly muscled, but all were very slim and had beautiful, flat bellies.

My favourite view was of the lifeguards sitting in this sensual, slouched, open-crotched pose. I would tread water in the pool some distance in front of the hottie lifeguard and be mesmerized by:

  • the tantalizing view up his inner thighs, lighty furred with golden blonde hair.  Only Speedos allow us to see all of the inner thighs.
  • his beautiful thighs, knees, calves and feet
  • his beautifully rounded bulge with cock and balls stretching out the fabric.  These bulges at times looked completely smooth, as though he had a light bulb hidden in the crotch of his Speedos.  At other times, the balls, cock and sometimes cock head could be seen outlined in the fabric.  Gasp!
  • Other than the obvious cock size, the Speedo-wearing lifeguards invited speculation as to how they wore their cock:  pointing up, sideways or (most-common) hanging down.   My favourites were the "pointers", best seen when the lifeguards stood on the pool deck with their cocks miraculously pointing straight out in their Speedos.
  • Best of all, I loved the view of the tiny strip of fabric covering that area between balls, legs and bum.   Call it a perineum, taint, ginch or grundle....  the view of that most private area of a man's body covered by the thinnest strip of fabric was intoxicating to me.
     
http://dirty-speedo.tumblr.com/: No, our lifeguards didn't look like him, but I couldn't resist.

16 comments:

  1. anne marie in phillyJune 3, 2011 at 3:50 PM

    OMFG (faints)

    WHAT A GREAT WAY TO START THE WEEKEND!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. You're gay all right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie: I'm glad you liked the pics. I wondered if the young 'un in the white speedo was not 'bearish' enough for you... but he has some nice fuzz going on there.

    Jim: Thanks for clarifying that for me! Whew!! What a relief to have that settled!!

    RG: Didn't I say this before? "It takes one to know one." Anyway, isn't that the whole point of Speedos, to show off the merchandise, front and rear? These days in my town, sadly, Speedo sightings are few and far between.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you need to get laid,
    soon and seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you need to show us a pic of u in speedos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're feeling better. I love me some blond hairy legs. Although I knew I liked to look at shirtless men when I was 10-11, when other boys in camp were talking about breasts, I got my first, uh, jolt looking at a "physique" magazine called Vim, a drawing, if you please. Ah memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just catching up, Wow! This has been quite a journey for you. Reading about the pain and suffering was hard. No one can know it unless they've experienced it for themselves.

    I found myself in a similar condition a few years ago and had the same fears. Wheelchair, bedridden, alone. Good to know you've had so much help and support from family and friends.

    You've received excellent advice, glad you're finally heeding it.

    May your healing continue and your rest give you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dr. Spo: Since I'm doing so well by taking your earlier advice, it behooves me to take your "get laid" advice as well... It's coming up soon on my "to do list" or "to be done by whom" list, believe me.

    My injury is slowing things down just a little as: (1)I live out in the country (2)cannot drive due to my injury and (3)have some of my children with me 24/7.

    SteveA: Way back in February, I posted a rear-view pic of me in red Speedos which I thought I looked really good. I've since removed that pic since it was so identifiably "me." What's your e-mail address?

    Jason_M: thank you for that sweet story! Back then, even slightly risque pictures were much harder to come by, weren't they? Now, they are everywhere; billboards, magazine ads, TV shows ... not to mention online.

    The Cajun: thank you for sharing. One has experience relentless spinal pain to understand fully understand what it's like. I now understand why people faced with a lifetime of this chronic pain will consider suicide as their only option. (and everyone, NO WORRIES, I'm NOT considering suicide.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. anne marie in phillyJune 4, 2011 at 9:44 AM

    hey, I wouldn't mind seeing the speedo pix either. you know my address, right? (wink wink nudge nudge)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Anyway, isn't that the whole point of Speedos, to show off the merchandise, front and rear?

    I prefer to think that it serves the same purpose as shrink wrap packaging of various goods at the supermarket. It uses as few materials as necessary to protect the goods, allows a visual confirmation of the relative size, shape and quality of the goods, and assures the consumer that the goods are not hidden or misrepresented by unnecessary packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. God, what memories! I was fascinated when I was 13 or 14 by one dark haired lifeguard, who had the most beautiful speedo-encased butt!

    Today, guys are so embarrassed to show off what they work so hard in the gym or on the playing field to tone. The board shorts are everywhere, even Down Under! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear that you're doing better! Take it easy! The more you rest, the better you'll be when you recover.

    Did you get my reply?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear the back is better.

    Oh, the memory of men in speedos! Also, there were the jumpsuits on Star Trek. Great bulges to contemplate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Will: your "shrink wrap packaging" comparison to Speedos was the funniest thing I've ever read! Hilarious but so true, at least from a gay man's point of view!! If you don't mind, I'd like to use it the next time I post a Speedo pic.

    Wrangler Man, BentonQuest and others who e-mailed privately: it's funny how us 40ish (and older) gay guys have such vivid, fond memories of ogling hot Speedo guys in our youth. It's a terrible shame that most young gay boys won't have that opportunity, since Speedo-wearing has become so taboo.

    BentonQuest: you first comment here! Woo-hoo!! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Buddy Bear, My comments are free of charge. Glad you are feeling better. I'd love to see you in some shrink wrapping:-)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you're thinking!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...