I really enjoyed reading Cubby's responses to this meme on his blog, Patently Queer. I can't imagine how anyone could possibly be interested in my personal details ... but what the heck, here it goes! I only did half of this meme today so this post won't be too long. Part two continues here.
1. What colour are your socks? I go barefoot as often as possible. I bought a few dozen pairs each of black socks and white socks at the Dollar Mart, so I never have to search for that stray sock.
2. What are you listening to right now? I only listen to CBC radio.
3. What was the last thing you ate? Oatmeal porridge with maple syrup and a piece of home-made rhubarb pie for breakfast. Hey, I'm convalescing!
4. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes, and I love it. My current car has an automatic transmission.
5. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Both my parents at the same time, discussing weekend plans.
6. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yes, Cubby is a great friend. Very sweet, funny and honest.
7. How old are you today? I’m 45 years old.
8. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? I never watch sports on TV mainly because I consider it a waste of time. I'd rather be doing something active myself. Also, we don't have a working TV in the house. The only "must see" TV sports for me is watching the men's and women's hockey finals at the Olympics but only if the Canadians are in it. They usually are!
9. What is your favorite drink? I drink very strong coffee made with dark roast espresso. Also I enjoy a really good cup of black tea such as Darjeeling or Earl Grey.
I'll drink anything alcoholic but I do enjoy a good beer, but not American beer. It seems so watered-down, we used to call it "fairy piss." We meant "fairy" as in Tinkerbell, not the gay slur. I enjoy drinking rye whiskey which I think is called "Canadian whiskey" in other countries.
10. Have you ever dyed your hair? Never, but I have put in some blonde streaks several times, when my wife or daughter had a home-streaking kit on the go. I really like the look of the streaks in my darker blonde hair.
11. Favorite food? Can't narrow it down as I love most food. Indian, Thai, Mexican, Chinese .... I love it all. I've tried very hard to enjoy eating kidneys, but to me, they are a good way to test your gag reflex.... and the same thing goes for tripe and overcooked beef liver.
12. What is the last movie you watched? Dirty Dancing on DVD. Hadn't seen it in over twenty years and I still liked it. It made my neck sore just watching the dancers flinging their heads about.
13. Favorite day of the year? The day when we get our first major snowfall of the year, so I can start to do all of my winter sports.
14. How do you vent? With my work colleagues as we understand our job stresses. I discuss things with my parents and sometimes with my children, although I really shouldn't burden them with my problems, especially those involving their mother.
15. What was your favorite toy as a child? Tonka trucks
16. What is your favorite season? I love all seasons, but winter is my favourite. All of my favourite recreational activities involve snow. I love the crisp air, white snow and the lack of mosquitoes in winter.
17. Cherries or Blueberries? We are all 'blueberry snobs' as we only eat the beautiful wild blueberries we pick from the north woods rather than the flavourless farmed blueberries.