Saturday, June 25, 2011

34 Questions Meme, continued

http://hairydudes.tumblr.com/
This is part two of the meme which I started in the last post I'm not sure what anyone else thinks about it, but I rather enjoyed doing it!  

18. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? Colleagues should e-mail promptly if it is work-related.   If I asked a friend a direct question or needed a response, then I'd hope to hear back reasonably soon.  Otherwise, I don't worry about it.

19. Who is the most likely to respond?  Glen, a very sweet, romantic, sexy friend.

20. Who is least likely to respond? Everyone is busy and has their own problems.  I'm not going to judge someone if they don't respond.

21. Living situation? Married 20 years, fully separated 5 months and eventually heading for a divorce.  I'm living with my teenage children who are with me a lot of the time and our two little dogs.   My wife and I talk on the phone nearly every day, usually quite amicably.

22. When was the last time you cried? A month ago, I sobbed uncontrollably for about 30 minutes due my extreme spinal pain:  I blogged about this incident here.    I am feeling much better!

23. What is on the floor of your closet right now?  It's piled high with my wife's stuff.  It is my project this week to reclaim the walk-in closet after not having had use of it for twenty years.  Woot!!

24. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to?  I'm not sending this to anyone but lots of people will see it.  Soon, my blog will hit 16,000 visitors (and 32,000 page views) from all over the world!  Amazing! 

25. What did you do last night?  Picked up / drove some of the kids around, then took a much-needed rest.  I returned to work part-time last week and was a bit uncomfortable and very tired.

26. What are you most afraid of? Not much!   Probably a family member getting a painful, debilitating disease.

27. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers? Cheese but with lots of other things added if I have time:  fried onions and mushrooms especially.

28. Favorite dog breed?  Mongrels.  I find mutts are far healthier because of their "hybrid vigour."  These days, I prefer smaller dogs;  more portable!

29. Favorite day of the week? Sunday, but believe me, not for church-going purposes.  Sunday is more relaxing as many businesses here are closed and there is less temptation to run errands..

30. How many states have you lived in? One American state, four Canadian provinces.

31. Diamonds or pearls? I've worn a diamond stud in my ear for twenty-five years.

32. What is your favorite flower? Wildflowers:  cowslip or marsh marigold.  Perennials:  irises   Annuals:  sunflowers.

Marsh Marigolds


Iris



Sunflowers


33. What is your current favorite song?  Something from the 70s, because right now, music is just like background noise to me.  How about Rod Steward's "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" It sums up my self-image these days:  positive!

34. Read any good books lately? I used to read voraciously but I haven't read a book in a long time and I regret it;   I have no time.  I read cookbooks as though they are novels.  I am presently reading Anne Willan:  From My Chateau Kitchen.
http://hairydudes.tumblr.com/

7 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you are slowly working you way back into work and family life.

    PS I share your views regarding portable dogs (I call them travel sized dogs)and reading cookbooks (I call them mini plays). I would say that great minds think alike, but that would do you a disservice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a general comment, I'm enjoying your blog. Hope that you continue on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in phillyJune 25, 2011 at 3:41 PM

    I think you are sexy...and so are the menz in these pix!

    smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hohoho
    Afraid of 'not much?'
    Challenge - post your smiling face !

    (PS this is ribbing)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will: it's always a pleasure to read your comments. Thank you!

    Ducat: Thank you! I'm going to add your blog to my reading list; it looks interesting.

    I put the hot menz in just for you, anne marie (and for myself.)

    Dr. Spo: I promise, when we meet, you can post my 'smiling face' with yours on your blog. I like how you picked up on the fact that I don't always recognize when someone is teasing me. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I surely agree with you about mongrels. Purebreds seem to get all sorts of unidentifiable ailments and be doomed to die young.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you're thinking!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...