Sunday, June 5, 2011

5 on the fifth

Steven Chapman says: 

"Take 5 photographs on the days leading up to the 5th and publish those on your own blog and then add the link to my blog,  State of the Nation UK so that others can see your images. "

You can either take 5 random pictures or follow this months theme, which is: NEW


I've decided to take pictures of all the NEW flowers which are suddenly appearing in my yard. It has been a very cold spring here (temperatures near freezing on some nights) but today is very sunny.   I was tempted to get off my sickbed couch and take a careful stroll around the yard.
We'll get a bushel or two of pears from this tree.
Lady's mantle with some Oriental poppies just about to bloom.

Pink flowering crabapple tree in full bloom.

I love the black currants which come from this bush.

Little patch of dwarf irises almost finished blooming,.

Bleeding hearts:  as kids, we used to enjoy eating the white part in the middle.

13 comments:

  1. Really great pics, Buddy :-)
    I love the Bleeding Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! The bleeding hearts are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in phillyJune 5, 2011 at 1:05 PM

    I have bleeding hearts in my garden, but I have never tried eating them. I have had black currant wine. and my dwarf iris have come and gone.

    very pretty pix, buddybear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to grow bleeding hearts; it was a sure sign of spring to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All wonderful, heart-warming pics. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely spring flowers! Thanks for sharing.

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope it was as good for you to get off that couch and enjoy the new growth live, as it was for me to view your pics.

    Black currants, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the great comments, everyone! Yes, it was nice to walk around the yard.

    What I like best about Stephen Chapman's Five on Five project is that it connects a wide diversity of bloggers from all over the world. Why don't you all try it next month? It's not hard to take five pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your flowers. I really llove the iris's the best. I have black ones.

    Hugs
    Ray.

    PS thank you for visiting my site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We just planted a pear last year and are looking forward to the years when it can produce fruit. I really like the photo of the dwarf Irises and the Ladies mantle and Oriental poppies. Exceptional color and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for promoting my blog. Love the pics - our garden is full of colour now as well.

    Love this time of year

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you're thinking!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...