Tuesday, April 22, 2014
1. I cooked Easter Monday dinner for my parents and two of my kids: spiral-cut, glazed ham, roasted veggues (potatoes, squash, sweet potatoes and carrots) and a spring mix vinagrette salad with shaved parmesan and candied pecans.
2. My son and I spent the rest of the weekend working hard on our never-ending house renovations which I started one year ago (pictured here) and we got a lot done.
I'm determined to get our Great Room (in realtor-speak) finished before summer, complete with natural gas fireplace, my first flat screen TV, new wood flooring and the walls painted some rich, dark colour, probably a dark navy.
3. I am proud that son is so skilled at all trades; auto repair, welding, carpentry, plumbing and wiring. And if he doesn't have a particular skill, he quickly figures it out. His combination of multi-trade skills, intelligence, creativity and imagination is unbeatable.
His shop teachers shake their head in amazement when they tell me about his latest accomplishments at school and refer to him as the "Superstar of the Tech Department." But he and I have been doing this sort of work all his life, so it only comes naturally to him.
4. I was not able to spend some sweet sexy time with my Sweet Brazilian Dude this weekend but he messaged me numerous times, sometimes calling me "Handsome Daddy" and saying about himself: "I'm a bad boy." lol We're planning to get together early this week after school.
I am being called "Daddy" with increasing frequency by the young guys on Grindr and it amuses me. I like the playfulness of the young guys in their use of the term and I wear my Daddy label proudly.
5. But sadly, my days of being a day-to-day Daddy are quickly drawing to a close. My son (17.5 years old) has been accepted into a highly competitive commercial diving / underwater welding programme which is located around 3,000 km (2,000 miles) from home. He applied several months ago but I never seriously considered the possibility of him going away so soon ..... and so far. But it's starting to look like it might happen.
With this new reality, I may run the risk of loneliness. Perhaps it will be time for a regular LTR or boyfriend? In any event, I will be able have guys over to the house whenever I want and even for regular sleepovers. Every cloud has a silver lining....
at 4:13 AM