The requirement is to tell some things about yourself and to create a list of other bloggers which I choose to pass the award on to. Here they are:
Some things about myself:
- I absolutely love my job! Most of the time, I feel that I am extremely lucky to be there.
- While attending the births of my two children, I learned that the 'real thing' is nothing at all like those grade six childbirth videos; they left out the smells, the screaming, the terror, the emergency Caesarian....
- Like so many men today, I was a "house husband" part-time for five years, and helped raise each of my two kids from infancy. We balanced our work schedules, so each of us worked part-time and stayed at home with the kids part-time. It was the most rewarding and important work I've ever done.
- I worked my way through university in a hospital cafeteria: every day, I collected and washed tons of greasy dishes, pots and pans. I loved the job and the hospital's working environment!
- I saved nearly every dollar I ever earned, starting at the age of 12, so that I could own my own house, mortgage free. This was an important family value. At 30, I did own a very nice house and was nearly debt-free.
My Stylish Blogger Picks are:
- Is the a Way Out for a SoCal Guy? He's a 44 year-old married guy with nearly-grown children. He personifies the qualities of integrity, self-reflection and intelligence as he grapples with issues of his sexuality and its potential impact on his family.
- New Day, New Life : He's a late 30s guy from the Midwest, married with young children. A fantastic hands-on father, he also blogs about his sexuality and its potential impact on his family life.
- Michael in Norfolk: Michael is an inspiration to this gay/bi married guy. In his words, "Out gay attorney in a committed relationship; formerly married and father of three wonderful children; sometime activist and political/news junkie; survived coming out in mid-life and hope to share my experiences and reflections with others."
- My Journey Out: Chris is an incredibly funny 49 year-old guy in DC, married with two teenagers. Chris has been on his own for two years and is in a relationship his "Tiger Cub" from Toronto.
- Java Junko, Rob is a young, very funny 30ish guy who lives in central Manitoba, Canada. He has a splashy, fun and stylish blog filled with his favourite music, hot guys, pics of his handsome self and photos of his cake-decorating masterpieces.
- West of Mayberry 'Large Tony' is a 34 year old guy living in east Tennessee, with a funny, sexy blog with a beautifully-crafted writing style. Scroll back to read the story about where his nickname 'Large Tony" came from.