Monday, September 1, 2014
My computer and internet modem were fried and everyone else lost electronic devices as well. My closest neighbour's house had its metal fascia, eavestrough, downspouts and copper water pipes scorched and blasted apart.
My son, sleeping nearby in our metal-roofed bunk house was fine but his Australian Shepherd dog (beside him on the bed) suffered a bad electric shock.
Sammy was trembling and panting violently and had her fur scorched on the side of her face. One eye was shut and she wasn't all there, mentally.
The next day, she was still confused and clingy and would flatten herself to the ground at every loud noise. Poor little thing!
Now, over a week later, she has fully recovered her intelligence and personality and her eye seems fully functional Oddly, the iris changed colour and now has a bluish-white stripe across it.
It seems a miracle that my son didn't receive a shock as well as she was snuggled up beside him on the bed. I told him: "Sammy took that shock for you!"
My son is now living 3,000 km away and will start his ccommercial diving programme next week, middle daughter us 1,500 km away at her university and eldest daughter is settled into her little loft apartment.
For the first time in 24 years, I am living ccompletely on my own! ( except for my two dogs) A big change!
ps: Brazilian Boy #3 asked to come over for some sexytime today. Sweet!
at 3:49 AM