I'm still completely computer-less after the lightning strike a few weeks ago making blogging impossible. I haven't the time to research what sort of a computer I want to buy.
But here's a quick update from the public library.
1. My son's dog has 100% recovered her personality and energy after her near-electrocution during the lightning storm. The only lingering affect is an odd bluish-white discolouration of the iris of her normally brown eye which was zapped. I think it's rather cool; something she will wear as a badge of honour for the rest of her life.
2. I've had a FABULOUS first week at my new school! My three classes are fantastic! I have three grade nine math clases; two special needs, each with ten goofy, sweet boys as students and a quiet, advanced-level class of 32 who seem to be very hard working.
3. My beautiful new school is a newly-built and equipped with state-of-the-art computer, AV and other electronic systems. Adapting to these has been a challenge because my old workplace was 60 years old. Goodbye, chalkboard!
My colleagues have been falling all over themselves in helping me get set up; I think this is the most collegial school staff I've ever worked with.
4. This is the first week that I've lived completely alone in the past 23 years, and so far, I don't mind it at all. I've had had the time to visit my elderly parents most afternoons after school and am free to go out with colleagues whenever I want. But I usually have to rush home to walk my two doggies as well.
5. I have avoided logging onto Squirt.org, pof.com and the like for the past week. Other than a sweet hookup with Sweet Brazilian Boy #3, I have not had the time or energy to even consider doing much hooking up.
But I'm looking forward to entertaining gentlemen callers real soon, when things settle down..