Saturday, September 7, 2013

Bed partners

We've just had three full days of classes and I'm completely exhausted!  Going back to work after a ten-week vacation is certainly a rude awakening. 

But all my classes are fantastic!  I have two senior, university-stream classes made up of over 80% young men and class of lovely little grade ten students.

Just a few years ago, I would have had little awareness or curiosity as to any student's sexuality.  Now it's obvious when I have gay students in class;  my gaydar is just at work all the time! 

I'm sure that I treat the gay boys in my classes with extra sympathy and understanding.... and I know that they easily sniff out my gayness.  Of course, there must be numerous other students whose gayness is harder to detect.  I also know there are lesbians among my students, but frankly, they remain a mystery to me.

I still haven't logged onto squirt.org in a week and am rather enjoying the break from some of the more annoying squirt dudes.   But I've been texting or Grindr-chatting with five or more young guys who I'd met previously and have kept in touch.  They're all aged 22 to 30 including Big Red, Whimpering Hottie, both lovely ginger men, and the college student from Trinidad who's back in town. 

When I'm not as tired and when both of my kids are at my wife's house, I'll be having a sweet sleepover or two.

--------------------------------------------
On my last day in her university town (one week ago), we had to buy my daughter a mattress.  A few things to note:
  1. This picture shows what a "fun" time I was having.  I don't really like most shopping.
  2. Coincidentally, my friend Jeffrey, The Gay Groom, had just posted a sweet story about mattress shopping with his husband.  Check it out!
  3. We saw lots of hottie frat boys and their fathers  also mattress-shopping, but they all wore more clothing that the Naked Men in Bed. pictured here.
I was also there to buy two duvets with covers for the Love Nest.   My daughter asked me, puzzled:  "But why are you buying two full-sized duvets?  Don't you have a king size bed?"

After some hesitation, I said: "When I have a man spending the night, we'll sleep a lot better if we each have our own duvet.   When I used to sleep with Mom, there always was a tug-of-war with the one king-sized cover.   She'd roll over and take all covers with her and I'd wake up, freezing."

She smiled, slightly embarrassed and pink-cheeked:  "When Ashish* spends the night, he complains that I move around too much in my sleep.  One time, I thrashed around so much that I pushed him right off the bed ..... he hit the floor!"    *her boyfriend

I didn't know that he had been spending full nights with her!  I said:  "Even when you were little, you always moved around a lot in your sleep.   One time when you were two, you were sleeping between me and Mom in our bed.  You rolled over and WHACK!! ... nearly broke my nose when you hit me with your elbow!"

My daughter said:  "It's funny  ..... we both made some disclosures about our sleeping arrangements!"

It was a most unexpected bonding moment to be sure.




16 comments:

  1. I've just finished my second full week with my 7th graders. I'm really enjoying getting to know the kids. It looks to be a good year. :-)

    Have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, for commenting, Robert. I'd sooner set my hair on fire than teach grade 7! I much prefer teaching high school.

      By the way, I've added you to my blogroll.

      Delete
  2. Our first week has been a ZOO!!! Usually, they haven't handed out the laptops yet (to all 6-12 graders, about 30K of them). But this year they started distribution before school started, so now we find all the little gotchas that surface when you have more than a dozen laptops to push the system with! Hopefully, it will calm down in the next week or so.

    Sounds like y'all are doing just fine! That's awesome!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laptops provided to all students? Wow!

      Delete
    2. You don't even want to know! Feel free to email me if you want details...Blogger comments quit at 5K characters and an explanation of this program would need a LOT more!!!
      Jay

      Delete
  3. a lovely candid conversation with your daughter. she is not a little girl any more, eh? makes you feel old, right? touching moment nonetheless. I could never in a million billion years have had this type of chat with my sperm & egg donors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's turned into a sensible, responsible adult, that's for sure! I'm very proud of all my kids.

      I'm so pleased that she's embarking responsibly on her sex life and I'm very happy for her boyfriend, too!

      Delete
  4. What an incredibly special interaction and moment to come from such a simple thing as spending time together. I hope you both know how special and unique that was. Many people dream of having spontaneous conversations like that but too few ever do. Cherish it.

    It was also very honest. I think most given the same opportunity would have gone with a white lie and missed out. So double bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sean, for your kind comments. You're extremely perceptive!

      I'm not lacking in courage (as I think you know)and am trying very hard to be open and honest with everyone, my children in particular. One problem in my marriage was a serious lack of communication; too many things left unsaid on both sides.

      I thought I'd be bold and tell her the real reason why I was buying two duvets and was very pleased that she responded honestly as well. :-)

      Delete
  5. Hey! What happened to the hairy chested men post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was for a future post but I hadn't yet pasted in the text nor added the pics. I accidentally clicked publish without noticing so I set it back to draft again.

      Delete
  6. Fritz and I have a thing about duvets. They're taking over in better hotels and motels and among some of the friends and family we visit. They're OK in the middle of winter, but in other seasons we roast under them with the only choice being total duvet versus just the sheet which isn't warm enough. I don't quite understand their popularity. Give me a couple of layers of blanket that can be controled by throwing one off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy does THIS MAKE SENSE!!! I hate those 6 inch thick duvets the hotels are using now! I prefer to sleep cool (66-68F is fine with me). But those duvets make it too hot. I prefer a lightweight blanket with a sheet, and an extra blanket just in case.
      Jay

      Delete
    2. Will and Jay: I hear you about duvets being too warm! But the Love Nest is in an unheated building* except for a portable electric room heater. It's very cold here for much of the years so I needed the warmest possible duvet. I have a lighter-weight blanket for summer.

      *The building where the Love Nest is located had a wood burning stove but I had to remove it. No insurance company would provide coverage for a wood burner in a log building in a rural township without a fire department.

      I could run a natural gas line across the yard and buy a furnace but I don't have the several thousand dollars that would require.

      Delete
    3. Then I guess we'll have to bloody well FORGIVE YOU for just buying those "things"! HAHAHAHA

      Coolness, Buddy Bear, but think about getting two or three blankets to help regulate your heat when it is supplemented with another warm blooded heat generator! You might be surprised!

      Jay

      Delete

Please tell me what you're thinking!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...